Ice Cube revealed he missed out on a $9 million acting role after he refused to get the vaccination shot for COVID-19.
The 53-year-old rapper-actor, appearing on the podcast Million Dollaz Worth of Game Monday, said, ‘I turned down a movie because I didn’t want to get the motherf***ing jab.’
He continued: ‘I didn’t want get the jab – f*** that jab; f*** y’all for trying to make me get it. I don’t know how Hollywood feels about me right now.’
This comes after he was reported in October of 2021 that he had been passed over for a role in the Sony comedy Oh Hell No as producers wanted all cast vaccinated for the shoot.
The entertainer, whose real name is O’Shea Jackson, said he ‘turned down $9 million’ in not getting vaccinated to appear in the film, which is slated to star Jack Black and be directed by Kitao Sakurai.
‘That’s Hollywood thought – they’re on some s***,’ he said. ‘But me too, I’m on some s*** too.’
Asked if he would oversee his own independent production, Ice Cube said he was ‘working on it,’ ‘hustling’ and has ‘a lot of things up my sleeve.’
In a later segment in the clip, Ice Cube clarified that he ‘didn’t turn down’ the role, but was rather not offered it due to his vaccination status.
‘Those motherfuckers didn’t give it to me because I wouldn’t get the shot,’ he said. ‘I didn’t turn it down. They just wouldn’t give it to me.
‘The covid shot, the jab … I didn’t need it. I didn’t catch that s*** at all. Nothing. F*** them. I didn’t need that s***.’